Description of Problem
A vulnerability has been identified in Citrix Application Delivery Controller (ADC) formerly known as NetScaler ADC and Citrix Gateway formerly known as NetScaler Gateway that, if exploited, could allow an unauthenticated attacker to perform arbitrary code execution.
The vulnerability has been assigned the following CVE number:
• CVE-2019-19781 : Vulnerability in Citrix Application Delivery Controller and Citrix Gateway leading to arbitrary code execution
The vulnerability affects all supported product versions and all supported platforms:
• Citrix ADC and Citrix Gateway version 13.0 all supported builds
• Citrix ADC and NetScaler Gateway version 12.1 all supported builds
• Citrix ADC and NetScaler Gateway version 12.0 all supported builds
• Citrix ADC and NetScaler Gateway version 11.1 all supported builds
• Citrix NetScaler ADC and NetScaler Gateway version 10.5 all supported builds
What Customers Should Do
Citrix strongly urges affected customers to immediately apply the provided mitigation. Customers should then upgrade all of their vulnerable appliances to a fixed version of the appliance firmware when released. Subscribe to bulletin alerts at https://support.citrix.com/user/alerts to be notified when the new firmware is available.
The following knowledge base article contains the steps to deploy a responder policy to mitigate the issue in the interim until a permanent fix is available: CTX267679 - Mitigation steps for CVE-2019-19781
Citrix expects to have firmware updates in the form of refresh builds to be available across all supported versions of Citrix ADC and Citrix Gateway before the end of January 2020. Please refer to the table below for the expected release dates.
Version Refresh Build Expected Release Date
10.5 10.5.70.x 31st January 2020
11.1 11.1.63.x 20th January 2020
12.0 12.0.63.x 20th January 2020
12.1 12.1.55.x 27th January 2020
13.0 13.0.47.x 27th January 2020